Become a part of the community. Register and take part in all the features the site has to offer.
The time has come to roll out our NEW Outdoorphoto Community site. This means that you’ll be able to browse, but not contribute to our Community (including the Forum, Classifieds and Gallery) sites for 7 working days. New user registrations will commence once the new site is live.

Default Camerabag suggestions

Any suggestions for a long enough camerabag, i have a nikon d7100 attached to 200-500 f5.6 nikor lens.

Default Re: Camerabag suggestions

Few bags will accomodate the fitted body. You'll have to look at backpack type, easier to carry and less stress on the shoulders, Think Tank Airport series a good option, LowePro Pro-Runner 450, Phototrekker also good. You can also get a Glass Taxi type by Think Tank, easily takes long prime with body attached, so should work nicely with your combo. Best is to grab your gear, go to a shop and fit it all in. But those bags dont come cheap.
    Simon Du Plessis

www.actionimage.co.za simondp@actionimage.co.za

(I'll keep on shooting, and one of these days I'll get it right!)
    Contact me for training in Beginners, Macro, Wildlife or Sport & Action photography
    Please e-mail or PM me should you wish to have my comments on a specific image, or to comment/ask questions on my crits)

Lowepro flipside 200 (or 300 or 400)

I use the 200 - and I fit my D500 and the 200-500 in it - have to remove the lens hood and turn it around on the lens.
    I also squeeze in another small lens (50mm or 28mm)
    Nudity is the most Avant Garde form of dress

www.elsahoffmann.co.za
    www.intimateimages.co.za

I've got a Vivitar DKS-25, which fits my body with Sigma 150-600mm lens (hood attached) in an upright position. The side pouches houses my 2nd body with wide-angle lens, as well as a few other lenses. The rear pocket houses my 17" laptop. All-in-one solution for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Vivitar-DKS-2...Vivitar+DKS-25

You specifically asked what bag is long enough - so you have some suggestions answering that question.

But let me warn you - one never has the right bag - I have 6 by now and use them all at times.

www.elsahoffmann.co.za
    www.intimateimages.co.za

Frequent Member

Best thing I ever did was ditch, or closet, my Lowepro AW backpack for a Pro Roller x200 AW. My back has never been more grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
    Best thing I ever did was ditch, or closet, my Lowepro AW backpack for a Pro Roller x200 AW. My back has never been more grateful.
    I mostly use my roller too. Absolutely. But it's too big if I only take the D500 and the 200-500 on an outing

And have you seen what they cost these days...

www.elsahoffmann.co.za
    www.intimateimages.co.za

Frequent Member

Elsa, I used a Tamrac since 2014 .. it can fit up to 600F4 lens with the camerabody fitted . . very comfortable even when I am renting a 600F4