Become a part of the community. Register and take part in all the features the site has to offer.
The time has come to roll out our NEW Outdoorphoto Community site. This means that you’ll be able to browse, but not contribute to our Community (including the Forum, Classifieds and Gallery) sites for 7 working days. New user registrations will commence once the new site is live.

Default Replacement front lass for Zeiss Lens

Hi All,

I recently purchased a zeiss 25mm Distagon F2.8 ZF.2 lens used and was assured that the lens was in good condition, the photos supplied showed no signs of damage. However when i received the lens i found that the front glass was badly scratched.

Is anyone able to assist me in tracking down a replacement glass for the lens?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Replacement front lass for Zeiss Lens

Can you just not take up the seller on his misinformation? Replacing the front element can be very pricey.
    Simon Du Plessis

www.actionimage.co.za simondp@actionimage.co.za

(I'll keep on shooting, and one of these days I'll get it right!)
    Contact me for training in Beginners, Macro, Wildlife or Sport & Action photography
    Please e-mail or PM me should you wish to have my comments on a specific image, or to comment/ask questions on my crits)

I agree with Simon.
    However - have you tried the lens to see what the extent of the damage is?
    Nudity is the most Avant Garde form of dress

www.elsahoffmann.co.za
    www.intimateimages.co.za

Thanks SimonDP and Elsahoffman.

You see my pickle. the lens works bu there is a very distinct haze right in the center of the image...especially noticeable when photographing dark solid backgrounds.

I have been looking for this lens used for such along time as an alternate to my 21 which is much larger and heavier as a walk around. I have spoke to the seller and unfortunately i took a chance but we live in different provinces so its not a quick fix. As a start i would just like to get an estimate on the cost so i can make an informed decision. Either i will return the lens or ask for a partial refund to fund the repair but I am struggling to get a quote.

the lens is s sharp and vibrant in the unaffected areas that I am prepared to wait as i have waited to find the lens for so long.

All I can suggest is try the Zeiss guys, 021 551 9202
    Simon Du Plessis

www.actionimage.co.za simondp@actionimage.co.za

(I'll keep on shooting, and one of these days I'll get it right!)
    Contact me for training in Beginners, Macro, Wildlife or Sport & Action photography
    Please e-mail or PM me should you wish to have my comments on a specific image, or to comment/ask questions on my crits)

Quote Originally Posted by Bashirj View Post
    Thanks SimonDP and Elsahoffman.

You see my pickle. the lens works bu there is a very distinct haze right in the center of the image...especially noticeable when photographing dark solid backgrounds.

I have been looking for this lens used for such along time as an alternate to my 21 which is much larger and heavier as a walk around. I have spoke to the seller and unfortunately i took a chance but we live in different provinces so its not a quick fix. As a start i would just like to get an estimate on the cost so i can make an informed decision. Either i will return the lens or ask for a partial refund to fund the repair but I am struggling to get a quote.

the lens is s sharp and vibrant in the unaffected areas that I am prepared to wait as i have waited to find the lens for so long.
    I see your pickle. I hope you get sorted
    Nudity is the most Avant Garde form of dress

www.elsahoffmann.co.za
    www.intimateimages.co.za