Become a part of the community. Register and take part in all the features the site has to offer.
The time has come to roll out our NEW Outdoorphoto Community site. This means that you’ll be able to browse, but not contribute to our Community (including the Forum, Classifieds and Gallery) sites for 7 working days. New user registrations will commence once the new site is live.

Thread: Over Exposing

Default Over Exposing

Hi All, Recently my photos are over exposing. Which settings do I need to look at to change? I've looked at White balance and exposure compensation. Does anyone have any tips for me?
    Thanks

Default Re: Over Exposing

Mr M - the information you are giving is not sufficient for us to help. White balance settings will not give you over exposure.

1. What do you mean "recently" - did you get a new camera? Did you shoot with something else before?

2. What mode do you shoot on? Automatic / aperture priority / shutter speed priority?

3. Have you perhaps dialed in some exposure compensation ? (I see you have checked it - but is it at "0"

4. What is your ISO settings? Auto? fixed?

5. What type of photos are specifically over exposed? landscapes/ sport / time of day?

6. Have you looked at your histogram?

7. If you shoot on Manual - do you make sure your exposure is correct in the view finder?

8. Are you using flash?
    Nudity is the most Avant Garde form of dress

www.elsahoffmann.co.za
    www.intimateimages.co.za

Maybe also have a look at the metering mode that your camera is set to.

Check your lens. Happened to me a while back and the aperture blades weren't closing down, the electronic ribbon had torn.