Become a part of the community. Register and take part in all the features the site has to offer.

Angry Literoom Classic makes photos dull after loading

Hi All
    Please could someone tell me why my photos look nice and vibrant while Literoom is loading the photo but then after the loading has completed the photo becomes dull and really lifeless and flat , its driving me crazy . Could it be a setting ??
    I am using Canon 7Dmk and Canon 1DX Mark 2

Default Re: Literoom Classic makes photos dull after loading

What camera profiles have you set in the cameras?

Assuming you are shooting in .raw, what you see on the LCD will be converted to whatever the conversion setting in the camera are, but these profiles are not applied to the RAW files as displayed in Lightroom.

You can easily get around this by creating an import profile for Lightroom to apply such a camera profile or any other settings you like upon import.

Frequent Member

Quote Originally Posted by B. Epstein View Post
    Hi All
    Please could someone tell me why my photos look nice and vibrant while Literoom is loading the photo but then after the loading has completed the photo becomes dull and really lifeless and flat , its driving me crazy . Could it be a setting ??
    I am using Canon 7Dmk and Canon 1DX Mark 2
    What you see initially, is the RAW embedded JPG file (each RAW file has this small, embedded JPG) that is pulled from the RAW - it is replaced with the "preview file" created by LR from the RAW using a basic profile which replaces the embedded JPG as a view file as the uploading continues...

Next: As Peter said...
    Best,

Leo Theron
    ... see my pictures HERE

Hi Leo
    So how would I be able to get the same look when downloading a RAW picture ?Thanks for the response

Hi Peter
    How does one get to set Literoom tom a similar setting as the JPEG view on the camera ?

In the Desvelop module, the bottom-most tool panel is "Camera Calibration". There, you can select a profile (have a look to see which you like best).

Alternatively, do some basic development on a photo. I use the standard profile but go for a Medium contrast tone curve, add a bit of clarity and vibrance and remove a bit of saturation.

Then read this article to determine how to make and a pply a preset: https://photographylife.com/creating...develop-preset

Thanks Peter . I think the article will help a lot , I will experiment