Become a part of the community. Register and take part in all the features the site has to offer.

Cape Town

Default Raw Shooter essentials

I am shooting with a Canon 5D (no Mark, as in the original) and only take photos for my personal use. I don't have any interest or inclination to do any manipulation beyond the basics that can be done when processing from RAW.

I use Raw Shooter essentials which was available around 2006 - I downloaded it and kept it (a .exe file) on a memory stick and installed it on whatever new computer I got. I am pretty sure I put a back up of it on my hard drive, but now I can't find the memory stick or the back up of it.

Its really simple software, but is easy to use and does everything I need/want.

It looks like its available here

I am suspicious about these sorts of websites and hesitant to download stuff from them. Are these sites safe?

Or does anyone know where/how I can get it now?

I think Pixmantec that made the software was bought by Adobe in about 2006/07.

Cape Town

Default Re: Raw Shooter essentials

I use MAC so I dont know if this link works- but perhaps check here on their own website?
    Nudity is the most Avant Garde form of dress

Centurion RSA

CNET is usually safe site for downloads. Ditto try the original site too, if the links are still active.
    Simon Du Plessis

(I'll keep on shooting, and one of these days I'll get it right!)
    Contact me for training in Beginners, Macro, Wildlife or Sport & Action photography
    Please e-mail or PM me should you wish to have my comments on a specific image, or to comment/ask questions on my crits)

Frequent Member
    South Africa

Why not use DPP? It's free.