Become a part of the community. Register and take part in all the features the site has to offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Question indoor photography equipment help - flash and triggers

Good Morning all,

Let me just start by saying it was a mission to find a photography discussion site that does not only reside on FB

And to the issue at hand... I have decided to take my photography indoors and not just limit myself to outdoor photography. This requires me to set up a small studio that is cost effective, does the job while I work and learn and help me to be creative as is my nature.

I have done my research and came up with a basic studio setup that will me achieve this, however, I don't know much about compatibility and quality of some equipment.

This will consist of flashes who would have known? and a few small continuous lighting and backdrops. I have found some sites where i can purchase this locally and prices seem to be decent.

But i need some help or advice on the technical aspect of the flash and triggers I wish to get, running on a tight budget though. the flash I am looking at is the "YONGNUO Flash Speedlite YN460 For Canon Nikon Olympus Sony" and then the trigger system is either "Micnova 2.4 GHz Wireless 3-in-1 Trigger Set Nikon" or "Commlite ComTrig trigger T320". The later is the more expensive one but would both do the job? I will be adding more than 3 "slave" eventually to the system.

Thank you for reading

(if anyone know of any walk in shops for equipment within or close to the Eastrand Mall area or other online shops please share the info)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: indoor photography equipment help - flash and triggers

I would suggest that you speak to Graham Robertson. He not only sells this type of equipment, he can guide you on all the technical aspects as well. http://www.grphotographic.co.za/
    John Lindsay-Smith

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the reply, that is actually one of the sites i will be purchasing from

Frequent Member Karin Leibbrandt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Also speak to Sean Nel, Shoots Imaging, a member here on ODP - a heck of a nice guy, I am sure he can help with everything.

Those who danced were thought to be quite mad by those who could not hear the music -

Angela Monet

(Comments on images reflect personal opinion on creativity, visual impact and beauty.
    Technical aspects are not commented on whatsoever.)

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought 2 * YongNuo YN560 III and the 603 II triggers and they work a treat. Only need one trigger on camera because the 560 have build in trigger that works with 602 or 603. Shooting with Canon D7200.